Welcome to the Wild Blueberry
Producers Association of Nova Scotia
The Wild Blueberry Producers Association of Nova Scotia website is your resource for information about Nova Scotia wild blueberries and the NS wild blueberry industry. You will find wild blueberry recipes from across the province, wild blueberry nutrition and other general information, as well as a members only section with relevant industry information. Wild blueberries make every meal unique, nutritious and delicious!
The Wild Blueberry School Kit is the Nova Scotia Wild Blueberry Producers Association industry education curriculum for teachers, students, and anyone who is interested in learning more about NS wild blueberries and having fun while doing it! CLICK HERE to get the school kit as well as to find out more information about wild blueberries.
Wild Blueberries are the #1 Antioxidant Fruit according to a recent scientific study. These flavourful berries are also a source of dietary fibre and vitamin C. They are cholesterol free and very low in fats and saturates. CLICK HERE for more health information about the wild blueberry.
Wild Blueberry Trivia
- Nova Scotia's provincial production is over forty million pounds.
- The wild blueberry is the number 1 fruit crop in acreage export sales, and value.
- Oxford is the wild blueberry capital of Canada.
- Wild blueberries are high in antioxidants which have many health benefits including anti-aging effects, cancer inhibiting properties, heart health, urinary tract health, vision health.
- Nova Scotia wild blueberries are exported to the United States, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom and other countries.
- Harvesting of wild blueberries begins in August and continues until late September.