Finnish Wild Blueberry Tart
Author: The Kilted Chef
- Generous 1/4th cup butter (1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar or 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup rye flour
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1 generous cup of fresh wild blueberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vanilla sugar (or ¼ cup granulate sugar)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 1/8th tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Cream the butter and vanilla sugar together. Add the egg, both flours and the cardamom. Mix until a loose dough is formed.
- Place the dough into the tart pan and use your fingers to spread the dough evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom and sides of the dough and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the sour cream, egg, vanilla sugar, lemon zest, cardamom and almond extract, mix well.
- Spread the fresh wild blueberries in the tart and then pour the sour cream mixture over top, use a spoon to spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool in the pan for another 30 minutes.
Yield: Serves 8❮❮❮ Back to Recipes